Sunday, January 15, 2012

Take my breath away

Happy Birthday, Dusty!!! The years have certainly flown by! We are so proud of you and love you.

Today we woke up in paradise in this gorgeous bay. Just looking over the edge of the boat , there are fish everywhere.



We had a big breakfast and took off anxious to begin snorkeling right off of our boat. We saw a very large turtle eating off of the bottom - that was cool. Wow, so many fish!!!!! Beautiful colors and endless variety - very appetizing I guess.

YES THERE ARE SHARKS IN THIS WATER!!!!!

I saw a very ominous one about my size swimming with that "top of the food chain swagger". It was way too close so I lifted my head and yelled shark to Duane and I took off towards the beach. Duane did not see it but said I swam very fast.

Believe it or not I eventually went back in, snorkeled some more and swam through the deep water back to the boat.




1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh that is so scary!!! you are very brave to go back in the water! what kind of shark was it?

    ReplyDelete