Friday, October 3, 2014

Waiting...

Those of you in our neighborhood can still see our mast over the rooftops. So you know we haven't left yet. We thought the approaching weather front would bring us enough water to scoot out this morning and get into an anchorage in the Alligator River before the wind kicked up. The front was a little slow. We will wait another day or two.

We may have to move onto the boat anyway because the house is already cleaned and the refrigerator is empty. And, I guess we will have to stay a day or two longer in the islands to make up for the delay!

7 comments:

  1. When the front goes through the water may briefly rise, I guess, with the strong west wind as it clocks around to NE. Is that when you're thinking? If so, I'll wave at the mast tops. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tides full and the weather looks beautiful this morning - Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi June & Duane,
    I so envy you! I'm stuck in Philly dealing with water damage in my condo. Have a great cruise and keep us updated through your blog. I may take the tug again south this winter, so may be we will run into each other some time.
    Thierry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the pictures of your water damage. So sorry. What an awful homecoming gift. Keep us posted on those winter plans and we will track you down!
      Duane

      Delete
  4. Boy, you guys left at the perfect time, high tide light wind heading out of the harbor a few hours before the temp plummets. It's chilly here this morning, feels like time to leave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We felt pretty good about our timing:) We did spend a chilly, windy night at anchor in the Alligator River but it felt good to be on our way. Hope your plans include going somewhere warm.
      Duane

      Delete
  5. I think this year that someplace will be moving closer to the heater ;-)

    ReplyDelete